Do you have a pile of old cell phones taking up space in a drawer of lost electronics? You know the one—the “I’ll figure out what to do with it later” drawer.
Or are you looking to get a new cell phone and wondering what to do with the old one? A little research will tell you that you could trade it in for a new one or sell it on your own. While both viable options, each comes with some caveats.
There is a third option that will help you not only get the best price for your phone, but also give you access to your choice of gift cards with up to 20% more than the final estimate we give you for your phone!
We’ll explain more later, but first, let’s explore the first two options.
Trading in Your Old Phone
It may seem like the easiest option to trade in your old phone as you purchase a new one. In some ways it is, especially if you bring your phone in and take care of it at the store while you’re phone shopping.
That sounds simple and convenient, doesn’t it? However, there are a few things you might want to consider:
- Older phones may not be eligible for trade-ins.
- If you don’t want to go to a store, you can mail the phone yourself (at your own cost) for a trade-in. If it gets lost in the mail, the carrier may require payment or proof that you really sent it.
- Whether you’re switching carriers or staying with one carrier, often the trade-in comes attached to an extended contract.
- The trade-in value you get may not be as high as what you would get selling your phone yourself.
Selling Your Old Phone
Selling your phone will make you more money; however, it also requires you to do all the legwork. There are many ways to sell the phone, including eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, NextDoor, or even local classifieds.
But again, here are some other things to think about:
- You will have to figure out the price by doing some of your own research.
- There may be fees attached to selling items online (many places take a percentage out).
- Finding a buyer sometimes takes time. If the buyers are local, they may change their mind.
- It can take days or weeks to sell.
- You may have to ship the phone with proper packaging at your expense.
- You will have to arrange the exchange, which sometimes means meeting strangers in strange locations. Then again, the stranger could decide not to show.
Ncentiva—The Best Option!
The above options suit different needs, and that’s great. But we would like to offer you a third option:
Trade in your phone for a gift card from to brands, with up to 20% more value with Ncentiva.
It all starts here, with a short questionnaire about your old phone. You will receive a trade-in estimate that you can accept or reject. If you accept it, we will send everything you need to ship your phone to them at no cost to you.
When Phobio receives your old device, experts will inspect it and then come back with a final trade-in value. The decision is yours! If you accept the offer, you will be able to choose your gift card, and depending on the card, you could get up to 20% more than the initial quote!
Get a Price Estimate For Your Old Electronics From Ncentiva Today
It’s so easy to get started. Find out how much your phone is worth by contacting Ncentiva for a price estimate. With Ncentiva you can also trade in Laptops, Tablets & Smartwatches. Check out your gift card options, and help clean up the planet while getting money to spend with your favorite brands!